DISCLAIMER: The documents provided here are for educational and illustrative purposes only. Only the Veterans Affairs can determine a Veterans eligibility for VA Pension and can and will update claim documents from time to time. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are submitting a claim correctly. You can contact the Veterans Benefits Administration at 1-800-827-1000.

You can find a list of Veterans Service Organizations that can assist with VA claims here:

You can find current VA documents here:

IMPORTANT NOTE: It’s imperative that all new VA claims are accompanied by proof of the Veterans service (I.E., DD214). You can request Veteran records here:

Basic Pension Claim Documents for Veteran

Basic Pension Claim Documents for Surviving Spouse of a Veteran

Claim Documents for Increased Pension due to Need for Aid and Attendance or Housebound Status

Claim Documents for (Existing) Basic Pension Increase

Release of Information form Veterans Benefits Administration